I always do this in my head, and practically never on the blog!
Today's Ten on Tuesday is favorite kitchen gadgets.
1. Ken's KitchenAid mixer. It's the older style that lifts the bowl up, and Ken believes I married him for the mixer. Not true, of course, but it was a nice bonus!
2. Ceramic knives. Sharp enough to cut almost anything unless heft is required, and light enough that they are a pleasure to use.
3. Mr. Coffee Iced Tea pot. I use it year round, and it makes great tea.
4. Egg cooker. I really don't have a lot of single use cooking items, but this one gets used just about weekly. Cooks eggs, better than hardboiled, and they don't have that icky green ring around the yolk.
5. Crock pot. We have 2, and use them all the time. We got one as a wedding gift, and wore it out!
6. Slow cooker. Similar to a crock pot, but the heating element is in the bottom, and the metal pot can be used for browning on the stove top.
7. Mini Cuisinart. We don't need a big one, and the little guy gets used a lot.
8. Le Creuset cookware I have only a few pieces, but I love them. Easy to clean, and heavy enough to braise nicely.
9. Fancy Italian Tomato Moosher. I don't remember what it's called, actually. You put quartered tomatoes in the top, turn the crank, and it spits seeds and skin out the side (into the bowl you cleverly placed there) and juice and pulp out the front (bowl ditto). Couldn't deal with the summer tomatoes without it.
10. Mortar and pestle. I found a green marble one at a garage sale, and it does the job.